Terms and Conditions
- Services. All Services are provided through Gennev and its contracted providers (“Treating Providers”). Gennev does not practice medicine, and does not interfere with the practice of medicine or any other licensed profession by Treating Providers, each of whom is responsible for his/her services and compliance with the requirements applicable to his/her profession and license. Any information or advice you receive from a Treating Provider comes from him/her alone, and not from gennev. Neither Gennev nor any third parties who promote the Services or provide you with a link to the Service shall be liable for any professional advice you obtain from a Treating Provider via the Services. Gennev does not endorse any specific physicians, tests, medications, products, procedures, or the like that may be recommended by a Treating Provider. You acknowledge that your reliance on any Treating Provider, or on information provided by any Treating Provider, is solely at your own risk and that you assume full responsibility for all risk associated herewith. IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, YOU SHOULD DIAL “911” IMMEDIATELY.
- Site Content. None of the Site content (other than information you receive from Treating Providers) should be considered medical advice or an endorsement, representation, or warranty that any particular medication or treatment is safe, appropriate, or effective for you. Although Gennev attempts to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the information on the Site, Gennev makes no representations, warranties, or guarantees as to the accuracy of the Site and its content, and as such it is possible that the Site could include typographical or other errors, or inaccuracies, and that unauthorized additions, deletions, and/or alterations could be made to the Site by third parties. In the event that any inaccuracy arises, please inform Gennevso that it can be corrected. Information on the Site may be changed or updated without specific notice to you. Additionally, Gennev shall have no responsibility or liability for information posted to the Site from any non-Gennev affiliated party.
- Informed Consent.
- Among the benefits of Gennev’s Services are improved access to health care professionals and convenience. However, the Services you receive from Treating Providers are not intended to replace a primary care physician relationship. You may form an ongoing treatment relationship with some Treating Providers. However, your initial interactions with a Treating Provider will begin as a consultation and will not necessarily give rise to an ongoing treatment relationship with that Treating Provider. You should seek emergency help or follow-up care when recommended by a Treating Provider or when otherwise needed, and continue to consult with your primary care physician and other health care professionals as recommended.
- As with any health care services, there are potential risks associated with the use of the Services on the Site. These risks include, but may not be limited to:
- In rare cases, information transmitted may not be sufficient (e.g., poor resolution of images) to allow for appropriate health care decision making by the Treating Provider;
- Delays in evaluation or treatment could occur due to failures of the electronic equipment. If this happens, you may be contacted by phone or other means of communication;
- Although the electronic systems we use will incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the privacy and security of health information, in rare instances, security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal health information
- You understand that you may expect the anticipated benefits from the use of the Services in your care, but that no results can be guaranteed or assured;
- You understand that the laws that protect the privacy and security of health information apply to the Services, and you have received Gennev’s Notice of Privacy Practices, which describes these protections in more detail. Electronic communications are directed to your Treating Provider(s) and their supervisees through a secure, encrypted electronic health record;
- You understand that Gennev does not take nor bill insurance providers for any of the Services offered;
- Your Treating Provider may determine that the Services are not appropriate for some or all of your treatment needs, and accordingly may elect not to provide Services to you through the Site.
- User Accounts. When you register on the Site, you are required to create an account (“Account”) by entering your name and e-mail address, a password, and certain other information collected by Gennev (collectively “Account Information”). To create an Account, you must be of legal age to form a binding contract. If you are not of legal age to form a binding contract, you may not register to use our Services. You agree that the Account Information that you provide to us at all times, including during registration and in any information you upload to the Site will be true, accurate, current, and complete. You may not transfer or share your Account password with anyone, or create more than one Account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account password and for all activities that occur under your Account. Gennev reserves the right to take any and all action, as it deems necessary or reasonable, regarding the security of the Site and your Account Information. In no event and under no circumstances shall Gennev be held liable to you for any liabilities or damages resulting from or arising out of your use of the Site, your use of the Account Information or your release of the Account Information to a third party. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time.
- User Information. If you submit, upload, post, or transmit any health information, medical history, conditions, problems, symptoms, personal information, consent forms, agreements, requests, comments, ideas, suggestions, information, files, videos, images, or other material to Gennev or our Site (“User Information”), you agree not to provide any User Information that: (a) is false, inaccurate, defamatory, abusive, libelous, unlawful, obscene, threatening, harassing, fraudulent, pornographic, or harmful, or that could encourage criminal or unethical behavior; (b) violates or infringes the privacy, copyright, trademark, trade dress, trade secrets, or intellectual property rights of any person or entity; or (c) contains or transmits a virus or any other harmful component. You agree not to contact other Site users through unsolicited e-mail, telephone calls, mailings, or any other method of communication. You represent and warrant to Gennev and its Treating Providers that you have the legal right and authorization to provide all User Information to Gennev and its Treating Providers for use as set forth herein, and as required by Gennev and the Treating Provider.
- Use of the Services by Individuals Under Age 18. This Site is not directed to children and children are not eligible to use our Services. We will not knowingly collect information from Site users under the age of eighteen (18). If you are under age 18, please do not attempt to use the Site or any of our Services or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
- Website Links. Gennev will not be liable for any information, software, or links found at any other website, internet location, or source of information, nor for the acts or omissions of any such websites or their respective operators.
- Trademarks. Certain of the names, logos, and other materials displayed on the Site or in the Services may constitute trademarks, trade names, service marks or logos (“Marks“) of Gennev or other related entities. You are not authorized to use any such Marks without the express written permission of Gennev. Ownership of all such Marks and the goodwill associated therewith remains with us or those other entities.
- Termination. You may deactivate your Account and end your Site registration at any time, for any reason, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Gennev may suspend or terminate your use of the Site, your Account, and/or your registration for any reason at any time. Subject to applicable law, Gennev reserves the right to maintain, delete or destroy all communications and materials posted or uploaded to the Site pursuant to its internal record retention and/or content destruction policies. After such termination, Gennev will have no further obligation to provide the Services, except to the extent we are obligated to provide you access to your health records or Treating Providers are required to provide you with continuing care under their applicable legal, ethical, and professional obligations to you.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. BOTH THE SITE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. Gennev EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, OPERABILITY, CONDITION, QUIET ENJOYMENT, VALUE, ACCURACY OF DATA AND SYSTEM INTEGRATION. You acknowledge and agree that the Treating Providers using the Site are solely responsible for and will have complete authority, responsibility, supervision, and control over the provision of all medical services, advice, instructions, treatment decisions, and other professional health care services performed, and that all diagnoses, treatments, procedures, and other professional health care services will be provided and performed exclusively by or under the supervision of Treating Providers, in their sole discretion, as they deem appropriate.
- Limitation of Liability. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL Gennev OR ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF REVENUES, PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY), WARRANTY, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE. To the extent that Gennev may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty or limit its liabilities, the scope and duration of such warranty and the extent of our liability will be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Gennev, its officers, directors, employees, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, and suppliers, harmless from and against any claim, actions, demands, liabilities, and settlements, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees (“Claims”), resulting from, or alleged to result from, your violation of these terms and conditions. In addition, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless your Treating Provider(s) from and against any third party Claims resulting from your lack of adherence with the advice or recommendation(s) of such Treating Provider.
- Geographical Restrictions. Gennev makes no representation that all products, services, and/or materials described on the Site, or the Services available through the Site, are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States or all territories within the United States.
- Disclosures. All Treating Providers accessible to you through the Site hold professional licenses issued by the professional licensing boards in the states where they practice. You can report a complaint relating to services provided by a Treating Provider by contacting the professional licensing board in the state where the services were received. In a professional relationship, sexual intimacy is never appropriate and should be reported to the board that licenses, registers, or certifies the licensee. You can find the contact information for each of the state professional licensing boards governing medicine on the Federation of State Medical Boards website (http://www.fsmb.org/state-medical-boards/contacts). Any clinical records created as a result of your use of the Site will be securely maintained by Gennev on behalf of your Treating Provider(s) for a period that is no less than the minimum number of years such records are required to be maintained under state and federal law, and which is typically at least six (6) years.
- Gennev devotes considerable effort to optimizing signal strength and diagnosis deficiencies but is not responsible for the internet or data bandwidth and signal of your mobile device.
- The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA“) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials appearing on this website infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. In addition, if you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send us a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. One place to find more information is the U.S. Copyright Office Web site, currently located at http://www.loc.gov/copyright. In accordance with the DMCA, Gennev has designated an agent to receive notification of alleged copyright infringement in accordance with the DMCA. Any written notification of alleged copyright infringement should comply with Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(3)(A) and should be provided in writing to Gennev, Inc., 85 S. Atlantic St., Seattle, Washington 98134.
- Important Definitions.
- When we use the term “De-Identified Information”, we mean information that is neither used nor intended to be used to personally identify an individual, and for which there is no reasonable basis to believe that the information can be used to identify an individual.
- When we use the term “Cookies”, we mean the small pieces of information that a Site sends to your browser while you are viewing a website. When you visit that website again, the Cookie allows the website to recognize your web browser. Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences, and other information.
- HIPAA. Our privacy practices are intended to comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA“). We will maintain the privacy of your Protected Health Information (“PHI”) as required by HIPAA and the regulations promulgated thereunder. We encourage you to review our Notice of Privacy Practices, which may be found at /PrivacyPractices/ and which describes how we may use and disclose your Health Information.
- Other Applicable Law. California residents have special protections under state law regarding the access and use of Personal Information. See Cal. Civil Code §§ 1798.80 to .84.
- Individuals Under Age 18. This Site is not directed to children and children are not eligible to use our Services. We will not knowingly collect information from Site users under the age of eighteen (18). If you are under age 18, please do not attempt to use the Site or any of our Services or provide any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
- The Personal Information we may collect and/or maintain includes (but is not limited to):
- Your name, age, e-mail address, username, password, and other registration information;
- Health Information that you provide to us, which may include information or records relating to your medical or health history, health status, laboratory testing results, diagnostic images, and other health related information;
- Health information about you prepared by the health care provider(s) who provide the Services through the Site such as medical records, treatment and examination notes, and other health related information;
- Billing information that you provide us, such as credit card information;
- Information about the computer or mobile device you are using, such as what Internet browser you use, the kind of computer or mobile device you use, and other information about how you use the Site; and
- Other information that you input into the Site.
- Gennev may use your Personal Information for the following purposes (subject to applicable legal restrictions):
- To provide you with the Services and customer support (e.g., administer your account, process your payments, fulfill your orders);
- Verify your identity;
- To improve the quality of the Services offered, through the performance of quality reviews and similar activities;
- To create De-Identified Information (e.g., aggregate statistics) relating to the use of the Services;
- To notify you when Site updates are available;
- To market and promote the Site and the Services to you (you can “opt out” of receiving direct marketing and/or market research inquiries by e-mailing us at email@example.com. Please note that even if you opt-out, we may still send you certain Site and Services related communications.);
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide us Personal Information; and
- For any other purpose for which you give us authorization.
- Gennev also may disclose your Personal Information that we collect or that you provide (subject to applicable legal restrictions):
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and to use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To third parties to whom you ask us to send such information. If applicable, any disclosures to your health plan will be in strict compliance with the limitations imposed on disclosures of PHI to group health plans under HIPAA.
- As required or permitted by law, which can include providing information as required by a regulation, subpoena, court order, legal process, or government inquiry;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others, to protect our rights, to investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Gennev’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information maintained by the Site is among the assets transferred; and
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the Personal Information.
- We will not sell or lease your Personal Information to any third party.
- Information We Collect via Technology. As you use the Site or the Services, certain information may be passively collected by Cookies, navigational data like Uniform Resource Locators (“URLs”) and third party tracking services, including:
- Site Activity Information. We may keep track of some of the actions you take on the Site, such as the content of searches you perform on the Site.
- Access Device and Browser Information. When you access the Site from a computer or other device, we may collect anonymous information from that device, such as your Internet protocol address, browser type, connection speed and access times (collectively, “Anonymous Information”).
- Cookies. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies to make the Site and Service easier to use, to make our advertising better, and to protect both you and Gennev. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you will not be able to stay logged in to the Site.
- Web Beacons. We may also occasionally use "web beacons" (also known as "clear gifs," "web bugs," "1-pixel gifs," etc.) that allow us to collect non Personal Information about your response to our email communications, and for other purposes. Web beacons are tiny images, placed on a web page or e-mail that can tell us if you have visited a particular area of the Site. For example, if you have given us permission to send you emails, we may send you an email urging you to use a certain feature of the Site. If you do respond to that email and use that feature, the web beacon will tell us that our email communication with you has been successful. Because web beacons are used in conjunction with persistent cookies (described above), if you set your browser to decline or deactivate cookies, web beacons cannot function.
- Real-Time Location. Certain features of the Site use GPS technology to collect real-time information about the location of your device so that the Site can connect you to a health care provider who is licensed or authorized to provide services in the state where you are located.
- Mobile Services. We may also collect non-Personal Information from your mobile device or computer. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include how you use the application(s) and information about the type of device or computer you use. In addition, in the event our application(s) crashes on your mobile device we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our application(s).
- De-Identified Information. We may use De-Identified Information created by us without restriction.
- Modification of Information. Gennev will not verify, modify or otherwise alter any Member Personal Information without the consent of the applicable Member, however, Gennev may correct any internal errors or modify any immaterial information at any time. Members will be able to update some of their information through the Site. Requests to modify any information may also be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Steps We Take to Keep Your Personal Information Secure. Gennev employs reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial security methods to help protect against unauthorized access to Personal Information, consistent with applicable law. We provide secure transmission of your Personal Information from your PC or mobile device to our servers and/or our Site. Personal Information collected by our Site is stored in secure operation environments that are not available to the public. Further, we use a password and authentication system that is user specific to ensure that users can only see the specific information to which they have been granted access. We also have policies, procedures, and controls to reduce the risk of unauthorized or accidental use, disclosure, or destruction of your Personal Information, and we train our employees on data security. Please be aware, however, that no data transmission via the Internet or a data storage facility is guaranteed to be perfectly secure. As a result, while we try to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. As with all electronic communications there are potential risks such as failures of hardware, software, and/or internet connections. We are not responsible for failures, distortions, delays, or other problems resulting from equipment configuration, connection, signal power, hardware, software, or any equipment used to access the internet. We do not guarantee that the confidentiality or security of any electronic transmissions via the internet can be assured, due to potentially unsecure computers or links, which could result in your information becoming lost or intercepted during transmission. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information and to use good judgment before deciding to send information via the internet.
- Report Violations. You should report any security violations to us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
At Gennev, we strive to bring you the best, most recent, most trustworthy health information there is. Your safety is always our first priority.
To achieve that, we insist that all content producers (writers, podcasters, etc.) follow strict procedures to ensure the accuracy of the information we share. Every story we provide is scrupulously researched, every claim substantiated by an expert authority. Each story is reviewed by at least two editors and a licensed medical professional before publication. Content is regularly reviewed and updated to keep our information current and accurate.
Editorial Independence and Affiliate Links
Gennev does, periodically, partner with a vendor on content. Any content that involves an exchange of money or goods, or where there is an affiliate agreement, is clearly marked as such. We will never endorse a product we have no personal knowledge of or believe to be unsafe.
Gennev Editorial Staff
Our Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Rebecca Dusnmoor-Su MSCE, NCMP, FACOG, is an OB/GYN and epidemiologist. As both MD and epidemiologist, she is uniquely qualified to review not only our content but the studies we reference in our research.
We also rely on the Gennev Telemedicine physicians and coaches for their professional expertise. Our physicians are MDs and usually menopause-certified by The North American Menopause Society. All our Menopause Coaches are Registered Dietitians.
Our editorial staff are all highly trained professional writers with experience writing in health care, finance, technology, small business, SEO, content marketing, and more. All are trained in health care research, including determining the quality and relevance of information.
Research misconduct: all articles are guaranteed free of fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism as outlined by the US Office of Research Integrity. Evidence of editorial misconduct will result in termination.
Shipping & Return Policy
We want you to be happy! Gennev has a 30-day money back guarantee on all products and services.
All purchases of $30 or more receive free shipping. Applies to orders in the United States only.
If you are unsatisfied any product, within 30 days of purchase please send any remaining portion of the product with receipt to Gennev Returns, 2080 S. Industrial Road, Suite C, Salt Lake City, UT 84104.
For services, including telemedicine appointments and the Healthfix subscription, simply send email to firstname.lastname@example.org